JOIN OUR TEAM
A Little About Us:
Ypsilon Dresses is not your traditional retailer; we do things a bit differently. We are an appointment based Prom and Pageant store, the largest high school dance dress store in Utah, and the leading Sherri Hill retailer on the West Coast. We pride ourselves on providing top quality customer service, experiences, and memories for each and every client that walks through our doors. If you have shopped with us before, then you know that we make shopping for formal events a fun and stress free experience through our personalized appointments. We are located inside Trolley Square Mall on the northeast side of the first floor (602 E 500 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84102), making us a central Utah location for all high school formalwear events!
We are looking for people who are:
• Positive mindset
• Willing to work hard
• Team Player
• Good listener
Join Our Incredible Team:
Our team is fundamental to our success. This is not your average retail job. Being apart of the Ypsilon Team is a perfect resume starter as we offer in-depth training and experience that will serve you throughout any future career. This is a great job if you find yourself in high school, college or somewhere in between. A typical weekday shift begins in the afternoon Monday-Friday and Saturdays starting at 10 AM. Flexible shifts and starting times are possible! This is a seasonal opportunity for our homecoming season August - October with potential for rehire for our prom season from January - May. If you want to join an amazing crew, expand your skillset, build your resume and work with incredible product, we are the right fit for you. We are hiring for three positions: Dress Specialists, Sewing Specialists and Sales Manager. See below for the description of what each position entails!
Lead each client through their appointment in order to discover their perfect dress. As a Dress Specialist you will:
• Conduct the client consultation: Greet your client, learn about what they are looking for, and communicate with them on the wide range of styles, price ranges, and options Ypsilon provides.
• Pull dresses: You will be heavily trained on our warehouse system and how to pull for each client based on their style, budget and overall needs.
• Discover the dress: You are there to make the search for the perfect dress a smooth, stress free, and fun experience. You will be assisting your client and implementing their requests in the styles you pull, which will ultimately lead to a more custom, personal, and memorable shopping experience for each and every client who walks through our doors!
•Work with a variety of personalities: You will be working one-on-one with many different personality types. Our clients have many different interests and attend different high schools across Utah and beyond. You must be a friendly contact to these clients with the Ypsilon Dresses experience.
If you are confident in your interpersonal communication skills and passionate about customer service, this is the position for you!
Perks of the Job:
• Flexible schedule
• Discount on dresses & accessories
• Team shirt
• Uplifting work environment
• Growth opportunities within company
• Highly valued employee at a small, family-owned business
More About The Job:
We are hiring seasonal employees to work our homecoming season (August - October). You will attend a hands on week of training, August 7 - 10, where you will learn about the details of the job, newest product trends and styles, our team environment, and more!
• Hours per week are flexible; anywhere between 10 hours (2 shifts) to 25 hours (4 - 5 shifts) per week. Most shifts begin at 2:00pm or 3:00pm and last approximately 5 hours.
• You must be available to work Saturdays.
• There are no age requirements. All ages are welcome to apply.
• Questions about schedules, compensation and request-off-dates should be discussed in your interview.
How To Apply:
No previous experience necessary, we would love to meet you and assess where you would fit in at Ypsilon Dresses.
Please fill out the application below and we will be in contact with you shortly!