JOIN OUR TEAM
A Little About Us:
Ypsilon Dresses is not your traditional retailer; we do things a bit differently. We are an appointment based Prom and Pageant store, the largest high school dance dress store in Utah, and the leading Sherri Hill retailer on the West Coast. We pride ourselves on providing top quality customer service, experiences, and memories for each and every client that walks through our doors. If you have shopped with us before, then you know that we make shopping for formal events a fun and stress free experience through our personalized appointments. We are located inside Trolley Square Mall on the northeast side of the first floor (602 E 500 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84102), making us a central Utah location for all high school formalwear events!
We are looking for people who are:
• Positive mindset
• Willing to work hard
• Team Player
• Good listener
Join Our Incredible Team:
Our team is fundamental to our success. This is not your average retail job. Being apart of the Ypsilon Team is a perfect resume starter as we offer in-depth training and experience that will serve you throughout any future career. This is a great job if you find yourself in high school, college or somewhere in between. A typical weekday shift begins in the afternoon Monday-Friday and Saturdays starting at 10 AM. Flexible shifts and starting times are possible! This is a seasonal opportunity for our homecoming season August - October with potential for rehire for our prom season from January - May. If you want to join an amazing crew, expand your skillset, build your resume and work with incredible product, we are the right fit for you. We are hiring for three positions: Dress Specialists, Sewing Specialists and Sales Manager. See below for the description of what each position entails!
Lead each client through their appointment in order to discover their perfect dress. As a Dress Specialist you will:
• Conduct the client consultation: Greet your client, learn about what they are looking for, and communicate with them on the wide range of styles, price ranges, and options Ypsilon provides.
• Pull dresses: You will be heavily trained on our warehouse system and how to pull for each client based on their style, budget and overall needs.
• Discover the dress: You are there to make the search for the perfect dress a smooth, stress free, and fun experience. You will be assisting your client and implementing their requests in the styles you pull, which will ultimately lead to a more custom, personal, and memorable shopping experience for each and every client who walks through our doors!
• If you love working with a variety of personalities, if you are confident in your interpersonal communication skills and passionate about customer service, this is the position for you!
All about insuring the quality and protection of the incredible product. As a Sewing Specialist you will:
• Secure stones, loose beading, and other small dress repairs in a timely manner
• Inspect new arrivals and current stock
• Steam and/or iron client dresses
• Be able to assist with “go-backs” on dress racks
If you are detail-oriented, organized and someone who takes initiative, this is the position for you!
• Oversee Dress and Sewing Specialists
• Manage client relations during their shopping experience
• Maintain a positive team environment
• Retail or customer service experience
More About The Job:
We are hiring seasonal employees to work our homecoming season (August - October). You will attend a hands on week of training where you will learn about the details of the job, newest product trends and styles, our team environment, and more!
• There will be a mandatory week of training classes offered August 9 - 14, 4:00 PM-10:00 PM Monday-Friday, and Saturday 10:00 AM-4:00 PM.
• Hours per week are flexible; anywhere between 10 hours (2 shifts) to 25 hours (4 - 5 shifts) per week. Most shifts begin at 2:00pm or 3:00pm and last approximately 5 hours.
• You must be available to work Saturdays.
• There are no age requirements. All ages are welcome to apply.
• Questions about schedules, compensation and request-off-dates should be discussed in your interview.
How To Apply:
No previous experience necessary, we would love to meet you and assess where you would fit in at Ypsilon Dresses.
Fill out the online application below. We will be in contact with you shortly!